Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What are the chances?


At the top of this page, you'll see a "next blog" button, and clicking it takes you to a random blog. In an idle moment, I clicked yesterday, and on the third click, was presented with a blog I didn't know, but which was written by someone I do know, and featured pictures of many people I know. Since, according to this, there are currently 133,000,000 blogs - and OK, Blogger is only one platform, but probably the biggest - what are the chances of this happening? And should I buy a lottery ticket this week?

8 comments:

Thomas Hogglestock said...

That is a fantastic story.

Rob said...

...and true! I really don't know what the chances would be, but it seemed spooky to me.

Padraig Colman said...

Spooky indeed.Hi Rob. I came across your excellent blog while researching something I was writing on the Writers (sic) Bureau. Would you be interested in seeing what I have written? Padraig Colman spikeyriter@gmail.com. I can’t seem to find you on Facebook.

Rob said...

Hi Padraig- yes indeed. I will connect via facebook if possible. Stand by...

francessa said...

Amazing story! Yes, you must definitely buy a lottery ticket! :-)

In case it doesn't work I wish you a Happy New Year, good luck and many interesting and beautiful moments in 2010!

Rob said...

Hi Francessa, and happy new year to you. I've just been listening to the New Year's Day concert from Vienna- always puts me in a good mood.

francessa said...

Oh yes, that concert is always a must. Good to hear that it improved your mood! I'm looking forward to next year's concert where we will see (maybe for the first time?) an Austrian conductor, Franz Welser-Moest.

Rob said...

I hope I have the same energy as Georges PrĂȘtre when I reach 85...